Friday, April 15, 2005

Getting ready for the big day

-Suzette I am happy if you want to be the ongoing commenting English teacher toolbar on this blogg.. you know I can't believe it myself the SPELLING, grammar.... oh dear so feel free to CORRECT me ).. God knows someone should.
I went to the organic markets in Northey street today.. to get more potatoes.. no no .. salad, and soul food 'cos it's like ancient hippy heaven there.. all those who aren't in rehab, jail or Nimbin anyway. Actually they are probably really Ferals.. now 'cos 'hippie' is too old..
Anyway I like it. Sugarless, gluten free chocolate cake and big pots of chai and sometimes live music but often CD's (or tapes or maybe even records!) but CD's I like to hear, soft and gentle or rythmic and 'down there' or world music .. just lovely , and little children who are wobbling around on pudgy little legs with fruit squashed firmly in little fists and clean clothes getting grubby from being ....ON THE GROUND.. shock! and of course the veggies.. There's a guy there who comes from Tweed Heads from down on the farm - he says it's his 'big day out' - Such a lovley guy, interested in people, calm. ..
Then i went to the 'proper shops' for things in cartons and packets - took my own bags.. high class bag lady I am.
Home to make a Dandedlion coffee and only had the very fine ground one, and put it in the plunger and filled it with the NEW kettle (well with water from the ..) and then . after waiting.. went to push the plunger but.... NO GO.. so push harder NO GO .. and so.. you know.. Roger RAmjet ( American cartoon that this Australian childhood was full of.. roger ramjet he's our man hero of the nation.. I had a friend I called Roger Ramit jam it- prone to using brute force) anyway I did a Roger on it and because it was so fine it was sticking in the tiny gaps around the mesh and then when I pushed the fluid and grit flew up and over the brim and out the spout a bit like a breast fed baby's first.... all over the NEW metal kettle.. ah life problems are troublesome ! (joking.. like in comparison to DAFUR - betcha their plungers work)
It was great coffee though it'd make a vegan eat eggs it was so strong.

Of course I had removed the cheap plastic enormous 'platter' I usually have on the bench to catch all my carrying on .. so i can pick it up and brush my mess into the sink.. oh no! we can't greet the guests with that there .. no have to have the BLACK bench top.. so cool .. but you have to keep it CLEAN 'cos you can see everything on it.. ah life!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Robot said...

Ah, new kitchen appliances... I remember being disporportionately happy when I bought my shiny new chrome-clad toaster. I polished it, then polished it again, stood back and admired its lovely reflective surfaces.

Surely it can only be a virtue to find joy in such inanity?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home