Sunday, June 18, 2006

EUROCENTRIC BREAK IN THE GLOBAL PROGRAM

These last couple of days have been a beautiful break for me in the news sector. I usually steer clear of the news .. and attempt not to watch too many programs made in the one country each week - unless it's my own country. That'd be an unlikely challenge..
The last couple of days have been a refreshing break- with the Queen's birthday in the UK.. and the Gay Pride Fair day yesterday in Brisbane where there where a number of celebrating Brisvegas queens to the Soccer, or should I say, Football.
I am generally football illiterate- although when I was working in a drug and alcohol detox service I did become slightly less illiterate.
One of the things I like or I should say 'loike' about it is it is eurocentric. It also seems to be a celebratory focus where no one is getting physically hurt (shot , punched kicked - although I understand people do get kidnapped in Brazil).
I also watch the Tour de France. Let's just hope no-one feels they have to find a terrorist or WMD (in the soccer world Rinaldo?) to get a 'look in' with the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home