Saturday, August 05, 2006

Out and about again!

what a great night. Went to the Judith Wright Centre in Fortitude Valley to see The Sensitive New Age Cowpersons. Such a hoot. I think I saw them at Woodford the first year I was in Queensland while I still felt energetic enough to wade throught the mud. Used to see them a lot in Fremantle- and heard them on the radio. Great to see live- funny although missing John Reed. I do have a photo but am using my lap top as my computer is ill and I can't figure how to load a photo from here. Anyway I haven't laughed so much for ages. Abba, Queen, the national anthem.... and some of their own numbers.. such as "Daddy Wore a Mullet" beautiful sentiments.. all done bluegrass style. Which was good to see as I heard last night a friend who had been diagnosed with cancer died yesterday. Life seems odd. She was such a caring, sweet, strong person. She had two degrees, worked hard and kept fit. So it just seems absurd sometimes. I am not fit, or sweet and yet still here - I remember when my mother died when I was 21 and I recieved a cheque from her workplace for half of her superannuation (brother and self)and staring at this piece of paper thinking "this is what a life amounts to".. bitter and sweet in one weekend. Life seems to be like that. It feels I should be making some difference while as I am using the options of the planet. My water recylcing attempts will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home