Sunday, May 22, 2005

sunday morning coming down

not really coming down.. But it seemed apt for a Sunday morning and I jus felt I wanted to change the post title...
I went to a house warming yesterday - or a flat warming which was lovely, had a sweet time..The resident is such a sweet person. I always am humbled by people who don’t take offence easily, I just love that, it warms my heart.. you know those generous hearted souls. I try to emulate that with varied forms of success! Just for anyone reading this in Brisbane..or who may like to come to Brisbane for a weekend, Michelle has given me an outline of a festival to be held on the Woodford site - 10-13 june 2005.. Australia's Internationnal Indigenous Festival.. www.thedreamingfestival.com is the website- sorry I haven't figure how to put a link in - haven't tried to figure actually.. anyway - this sounds like the place to be on that weekend!-
I have been to Woodford to the folk festival in summer .. so hot.. I bought some ice to keep my food cool and as I walked down the hill with it I handed pieces to people to share the cool relief from the HEAT.. It was very wet also, bogged cars were common… there is a tractor on site to drag them out .. when it RAINS in Queensland.. we are not talking drizzle here.. we are talking ark weather.. Once on my second year in Brisbane I was driving home from work and it was 'raining' .. I was wishing I had one of those … high off the ground vehicles with wind screen wipers that worked.. And as I passed the street parallel and just prior to mine I looked into it to see someone coming down the street…. In a canoe.. I guess you get the picture..
End of the month and coming up to the end of semester so.. I am busy. I have two part time jobs both of which get really busy just NOW… warm wishes to anyone reading .. thanks for coming by….

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Robot said...

Yes, the rain, the rain. And it so often breaks at peak hour in summer, doesn't it? I recall finishing up the art class I was doing in our associated Woolloongabba locale a couple of years ago, and the green sky split open just as I was leaving. I took off my shoes and specs and headed down the appropriately named Water Street and was mid-calf deep in a fast-flowing current, with cascades pouring down the cutting along the side. It was only a three-minute walk to the Mater bus station, but I was soaked to the skin. One of the few times I've cursed the air-conditioned buses.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Mrs Robot said...

Also -- since I've got the stage momentarily :D -- your title brought Velvet Underground's "Sunday Morning" to mind, and it's still on high rotation there now. Lou Reed attempting to sing sweetly doesn't sound like it should work, but somehow it does, and wonderfully.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home