Saturday, January 06, 2007

What is the opposite of 'mad as a cut snake' ?






Calm as a contented cow?, 'Cool as a cucumber', a 'loose goose', ..... Happy, serene, content, .... Goodness it's amazing what relaxing will do for stress. So, feeling better, better than I have for years. The lack of change is excellent. Back to the same place to live and same place to work. New patio done, painting of the lattice done- heaps of junk in the place but I am making a start on changing that. Directly after replacing all the plants - from the car port to the patio, washing.... working (again)... uh oh..
wishing to be back down south looking into this beautiful horizon and listening to the water kiss the sand (although in that analogy there may have been a little D.V. going on- {domestic violence for those lucky enough never to have used the acronym})
I used to swim in the 'rock pool' as a child- looking at it now you'd wonder how we weren't drowned. You can see the 'pool' where that outcrop of rock is jutting off the main rock formation. We had to climb over the cliff to get there. We also played underneath the jetty.
Also went to cousin's baby shower, school friends lunch, ...... catching up with lots of friends and family.
top photo.. my friend outside a cafe ..She came part way back to Brisbane with me which made the trip much more fun. On the way down I was exhausted and conversation was to be avoided but the way back was a very different story. Miss 'have a chat' returned.

Hope your holidays were refreshing. It rained a lot while I was away which was great as this country (well the 3,000 ks I drove over) is parched, so dry, begging for fluid. I hear around the traps from those with connections in the political scene there are contigency plans being drafted to cover the chaos and possible violence that may ensue as water becomes less and less available. In Canberra there are tales of water theft- I met with some friends today in Brisbane who suggest the same thing is on the agenda here.

Well... back to work tomorrow for my second week back and to see if I can remain sane while working - the big test! I didn't do too badly last week, well; except for Thursday but then that's a whole other blogg topic.. wendy )





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home