Sunday, June 26, 2005

if you have my short term memory please return asap.. before i forget i had one!

My memory is in trouble!- I was kind of aware of it but then, the day before yesterday, I was standing at the deli counter of my local supermarket having torn off my ticket so I can be in the appropriate place in the queue when I realized I had been standing for a long while and they hadn't asked for my number. So I looked at the number and realized the reason I thought they hadn't said it was due to the fact that I had forgotten it.. and they were now past that number... uh oh! Maybe I will never be able to go to the deli counter again... or it will take, at least, twice as long.. as I took another number and then attempted to internally slap myself on the side of the head to stay alert to the sequence!! Tricky . life is complex, next they'll want me to remember my own name!- I might write up a label for myself like Paddington bear in case I am found wandering. It's a bit debilitating.. I notice when I am teaching I know there's and appropriate word that I want to use or research that I want to quote but is it available? No Siree it's not.. and I have to fudge, fudge, fudge. A friend who is older says it's hormonal and it will either come good again or I'll just roll with it..
I am a bit sad because if I am losing my mind I'd like to have a memorial service while I can still remember that I am missing something as I'd like to commemorate all these years of faithful and unfailing service. I LOVE my mind!! It has provided me with solace, amusement, joy, great problem solving capabilities to survive my childhood .. My own internal version of 'war of the worlds'.. You name it it's shown in the cinema of my mind.. One of my partners once said.. "You could live in a shoebox"- (they weren't referring to my size!- but to my lack of requirement often for external stimulation.. Maybe they just wanted the house:o) .. ah well I guess I am thankful that there are writers! I thought of writing myself but I have decided it something you need to start with the arrogant and idealistic bloom of youth because as I have aged I have realized my own thinking is inane. That anything I have to say is interesting to myself at least and often not even holding that much influence.. So I thought I would have done well to write while I still believed I had something to say.
I guess I do need to write now but no more than my name, address and blood type on a tag that I attach securely to my lapel........... Anyway I guess I had best go and earn a dollar! While I can still remember where to go and what to do to get that dollar.. Why doesn't procrastination pay?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Robot said...

What a shame you don't think you have anything to say, miss wendy. Every time we have a conversation I go away with a gem -- sometimes small, sometimes profound and life-changing. You've said some things that have literally changed the direction of my life. So stop talking shit, chicky! You've got plenty of great stuff to say!

4:22 AM  
Blogger miss wendy said...

it's funny to tell someone that they have something to say so sopt talking shit!! That made me smile!- but you must know what I mean didn't you used to think everything was just so clear and if only the government would do this or that and freinds would do this or that... come the revolution! you know and then .. if you don't hone a skill like knitting you can be out on a limb when there is nothing to bellow arrogantly about .. but thank you for your feedback! I am encouraged.. so look out!

3:47 PM  
Blogger miss wendy said...

you two are just so heart warming.. calling me names.. ewes remind me of my famly..you know yesterday I was off to visit some weird planet ( my job) and I was wearing a hand me down from my aunt is Sydney and feeling pretty damn cosy and grateful so I text her to say "I am wearing that lovley coat you handed on to me and am warm as toast" .. She text me back and said.. "If it's that good I'll have it back. I am in the kitchen making quiche.. a new recipie" so I text and said " Ok I'll bring it down in December when I visit.. just when it's nice a hot there" she said "Bitch." so there you go... just so warm and fuzzy!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home